Saturday, February 3, 2007

The Humors of Trim



Saturday, January 20th, I decided to take a bus trip to Trim -- a small town about 30 miles northwest of Dublin. There is a traditional Irish tune titled "Humors of Trim" (more traditionally known by the title "The Rolling Wave" -- which was recorded by the piper Willie Clancy.)

There impressive Norman castle built in 1173. So well-preserved and impressive is this castle, it was used in the 1994 filming of "Braveheart".
Except for a brief 20 minutes of sunshine (which literally came out of nowhere) it was the most rainy, windy, blistering cold weather I've ever been in. My umbrella was literally blown backwards and ripped to shreds. By the time I got back to my apartment, it was not much more than a stick with some black fabric hanging off it.

No comments: